Governor McAuliffe Announces Administration Appointments
RICHMOND – Governor Terry McAuliffe announced additional appointments to his Administration today. The appointees will join McAuliffe’s Administration focused on finding common ground with members of both parties on issues that will build a new Virginia economy and create more jobs across the Commonwealth.
Secretary of Public Safety and Homeland Security
Maribel Street, Homeland Security Policy Analyst
Maribel Street has been appointed to the position of Homeland Security Policy Analyst in the Secretary of Public Safety and Homeland Security. Maribel served as the Public Assistance Administration Specialist for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) in Richmond. Prior to that, Maribel was Emergency Management Specialist Intern with the Henrico County Management Office. Maribel also previously interned with the Virginia Commonwealth Crime Commission and served in the AmeriCorps service program from 2012-2013. Maribel graduated with a Bachelor’s of Science in Psychology from Radford University and received her Master’s in Criminal Justice from Virginia Commonwealth University.
Julia Carney, Executive Assistant
Julia Carney has been appointed to the position of Executive Assistant in the Secretary of Public Safety and Homeland Security. Prior to her appointment, Julia served as an intern in Virginia Delegate Vivian Watts Office, and most recently as a 2016 Governor’s Fellow in the Secretary of Natural Resources. Julia also notably accomplished hiking 544 miles of the Appalachian Trail in 2013, with the primary stretch through Virginia. Julia is currently earning her Bachelor’s of Arts in Political Science from Virginia Commonwealth University.
Secretariat of the Commonwealth
A. L. Philpott Manufacturing Extension Partnership, Board of Trustees (DBA GENEDGE)
- Makola M. Abdullah of Petersburg, President, Virginia State University
- Marc M. Foglia* of Vienna, President, NVIS, Inc.
- Aviv Goldsmith, MBA, MS of Spotsylvania, President, Precursor Systems, Inc.
- Kevin N. Mumpower of Bristol, Vice President of Engineering, Bristol Compressors, International, Inc.
- Bruce R. Scism* of Danville, President, Danville Community College
- Anna H. Yarashus* of Chesapeake, Project Manager, Concurrent Technologies Corporation
Board for Hearing Aid Specialists and Opticians
- Judy Canty, LDO* of Virginia Beach, Territory Sales Manager, Luzerne Optical
- Pamela S. Chavis, MD* of Crozier, retired Neuro-Ophthalmologist
- Edward L. De Gennaro, MEd, ABOM, LDO* of Midlothian, Director of Professional Content, First Vision Media Group and Owner, Infocus Optical Consulting
- Mark C. Grohler, BC-HIS* of Virginia Beach, Owner and CFO, Grohler Hearing Aid Center, Inc.
- Teresa Leeper, ABOC of Lynchburg, Licensed Optician, Walmart Vision Center
- June Rogers, LDO of Chesapeake, Optical Team Lead, Target Optical
- Bruce R. Wagner, MEd* of Crozet, Owner and Audiologist, Wagner Hearing Aid Centers
Board of Dentistry
- Patricia Brown Bonwell, RDH, BSDH, MSG, PhD of Montpelier, Assistant Professor, Dental Hygiene, Department of Oral Health Promotion and Community Outreach, VCU School of Dentistry
- Nathaniel C. Bryant, DDS of Chesapeake, Dentist, Dentistry First & Bluewater Dentistry, Virginia Beach
- Augustus A. Petticolas, DDS of Forest
- Tammy Cahoon Ridout, BSDH, RDH of Chesterfield, retired clinical practitioner; former business owner and national dental consultant
- James D. Watkins, DDS* of Hampton
Board of Directors of the Virginia Birth-Related Neurological Injury Compensation Program
- W. Massie Meredith Jr. of Richmond, Alternative Investments Group, LLC
Board of Historic Resources
- Frederick S. Fisher of Charles City, retired Special Assistant Attorney General
Board of Veterans Services
- Chris Chon, MAJ USA of Alexandria, Policy Advisor, U.S. Army
- Michael Dick, Col USMC (Ret.)* of Earlysville
- Belinda Pinckney, BG USA (Ret.)* of Fairfax, President and CEO, BHP Consulting, LLC
Council on Women
- Hala S. Ayala* of Woodbridge, Information Technology Security Specialist, Department of Homeland Security
- Erin Evans-Bedois of Chesapeake, Partner/Owner, Shannon & Bedois, P.C.
- Ikeita M. Cantu Hinojosa of McLean, Senior Deputy for Operations/ COO, DC Health Benefit Exchange Authority
- Katy Sawyer of Richmond, Executive Director, Virginia Breast Cancer Foundation
- Lisa Speller-Davis of Glen Allen, Community Outreach/Marketing Manager, Humana
- Michelle Strucke of Vienna, Policy & Advocacy Advisor, Oxfam America
Litter Control and Recycling Fund Advisory Board
- Bo Wilson* of Fishersville, Vice President, Dr. Pepper of Staunton
Virginia Commercial Space Flight Authority
- Jeff M. Bingham of Round Hill, Retired professional staff, United States Senate; sole proprietor, Focused Solutions and Strategies LLC
- Linda Thomas-Glover, PhD of Accomack, President, Eastern Shore Community College
- Kathryn Thornton of Charlottesville, Professor of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, University of Virginia
Virginia Foundation for the Humanities and Public Policy
- William Mark Habeeb, PhD of Arlington, Adjunct Professor of Global Politics and Security, Georgetown University, and President of Habeeb Associates, LLC
- Lenneal J. Henderson, PhD of Claremont, Professor, School of Leadership Studies, The Fielding Graduate University; Visiting Faculty, The College of William and Mary; Distinguished Professor, Emeritus, The University of Baltimore
- Daphne Maxwell Reid* of Petersburg, President, Daphne Maxwell Reid's Fresh Prints
Virginia Outdoors Foundation
- The Honorable Viola O. Baskerville of Richmond, former Secretary of Administration
- Eleanor Weston Brown of Hampton, Member, Patten, Wornom, Hatten & Diamonstein
Virginia Small Business Financing Authority
- Linh Hoang* of Fairfax, Executive Director, DaVincian Healthcare
- Monique S. Johnson, PhD of Richmond, Vice President, Senior Loan Officer, Virginia Community Capital
- William J. Smith of Wytheville, Owner, Smith Enterprises
Veterans Services Foundation
- Brad Antle, CAPT USN (Ret.)* of Haymarket, CEO, Salient CRGT
- Frank Finelli, LTC USA (Ret.)* of McLean, Managing Director, The Carlyle Group
- Kathleen Levingston* of Chesapeake, Core Faculty in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Walden University