Governor McAuliffe Announces Administration Appointments
Governor Terry McAuliffe announced additional appointments to his Administration today. The appointees will join McAuliffe’s Administration focused on finding common ground with members of both parties on issues that will build a new Virginia economy and create more jobs across the Commonwealth.
Office of the Governor
Sam Coleman, Assistant Communications Director
Sam Coleman previously served as the Communication Director for the Committee to Elect Mayor of Philadelphia Lynne Abraham. He worked on gubernatorial elections in both Michigan and Florida. In Florida, he worked as the Press Secretary for Florida for All. In Michigan, he was a Regional Field Director for the League of Conservation Voters PAC. He is a graduate of Virginia Commonwealth University with a Bachelor of Arts in English.
Stacy Ellis, Deputy Director of the Executive Mansion
Stacy Ellis, a Virginia native, previously served as a manager at the Greater Richmond Convention Center. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Hospitality Administration from East Carolina University.
Secretariat of Public Safety and Homeland Security
Nicky Zamostny, Assistant Secretary
Nicky Zamostny has been serving as the Policy Advisor for the Secretary of Public Safety and Homeland Security since May of 2014. Prior to her appointment, Nicky interned with the National Alliance on Mental Illness of Virginia where she worked on mental health policy and legislation. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University and a Master of Social Work degree with a concentration in Social Work Administration and Policy Practice from Virginia Commonwealth University.
Secretariat of the Commonwealth
Advisory Board for the Virginia Department for the Deaf & Hard-of-Hearing
- Traci D. Branch of Chester, Regional Vocational Counselor for the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing, Virginia Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services
State Historical Records Advisory Board
- Audrey P. Davis of Washington, D.C., Director, Alexandria Black History Museum, City of Alexandria
- Dr. RPW Havers, MA FRSA FRHistS of Lexington, President, The George C. Marshall Foundation
- Garrett McGuire of Arlington, Manager, State Government Affairs, AHRI
- Dr. Aaron D. Purcell of Blacksburg, Director of Special Collections and Professor, Virginia Tech